Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering, and at least 10 years of experience with 4 years of relevant experience in a supervisory capacity or responsible-in-charge. You’re also a licensed professional engineer.
- You know utility industry standards and practices to include NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE, and ANSI, and have advanced knowledge of Substation design practices related to physical and/or protection and control design development and relevant supporting calculations.
- You’re experienced with key considerations for substation design including physical layouts and details, one lines, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- You have advanced knowledge of industry standard practices and loss prevention practices.
- You’re proficient in microsoft office and microsoft project.
- You’re a strong communicator and mentor with excellent team skills.
What You'll Do
- You’ll manage department resources and serve as a mentor to staff. You’ll also lead substation design on large/complex projects and perform quality reviews.
- You’ll review/supervise calculations, drawings, specifications, and perform condition assessments and feasibility studies.
- You’ll manage substation group utilization and effective multiplier.
- You’ll assist in proposal preparation and marketing efforts, and attend client meetings.
- You have excellent organization skills and can prioritize work and priorities for a team.
- You’ll coordinate and conduct professional training and development of staff, evaluate work performance, and conduct department meetings.
- You’ll assist the substation department manager in recruitment of new employees, and in business development efforts.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.