Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of discipline’s codes, industry standards, and best practices in Division’s markets.
- Advanced applied knowledge of discipline’s services, work processes/methods, and software tools.
- Ability to assess employee performance and provide effective feedback, coaching/training, goal setting, and development plans for employee improvement and advancement.
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical concepts/issues to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of AEC loss prevention measures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in related discipline.
- Professional licensure required.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of relevant experience required.
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client/owner satisfaction and feedback on group’s project performance.
- Group’s employee satisfaction and retention rates.
- Group billability, productivity, and project budget performance.
- Achievement of Division’s objectives.
- Assigns staff to projects based on competency requirements and availability; performs group resource leveling to accommodate changes in project workload and meet project deliverable schedules.
- Assures group’s conformance to quality management and project delivery policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leads or participates in discipline design on large/complex projects.
- Implements performance management policies and best practices to improve employee performance, engagement, and contributions to the Company’s objectives.
- Identifies future staffing needs and assists with recruiting.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to achieve Company and Division objectives.
- Assists with marketing activities and proposal development.
Leads the development of key relationships with clients, partner firms, and subconsultants.
Leads strategic, high visibility client projects.
Assists division and/or project managers in resolution of client satisfaction and loss prevention issues.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.