Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is a must. You have between 0 to 5 years of experience; even better if you have experience in substation design. You’re familiar with general arrangement, electrical equipment plans, elevation and section views, equipment cable trays, cable design, conduit fill calculations, and rigid bus calculations.
- You know power. You comprehend the power delivery design process. You understand substation physical and electrical layouts; protection and controls experience is a plus. You possess a strong knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, management and other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must, particularly Word and Excel.
What You'll Do
- You’ll perform detailed design of new substation layouts. You’ll create design documents, technical specifications, and drawings for new substation projects including electrical plans, schematics, bills of materials, and equipment specifications. You’ll prepare substation design calculations including grounding, DC loading, AC Aux power loading, bus sizing, lighting and cable sizing.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings. You understand NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE, and ANSI standards.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll communicate and coordinate project activities with project engineers, designers, and customer representatives
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.