Who We Are
We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
Who You Are
• You’re a leader in the project or program management arena. You’re able to effectively manage projects and coordinate lead discipline engineers and architects. Highly-motivated with at least 10-12 years of experience in the engineering, design, or construction fields, you’re knowledgeable of utility industry standard practices and requirements.
• Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You have direct experience working with utilities on power delivery projects and understand the overall design and project delivery process. You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. A graduate degree and/or professional certifications may be substituted for our experience requirements. A PMP certification will definitely help you stand out.
• You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office and Project proficiency and an understanding of CAD methods and procedures are a must.
• You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You enjoy leading and mentoring people and have the ability to properly delegate. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
What You'll Do
• You’ll be responsible for leading and managing projects. You’ll direct and coordinate the activities of multiple disciplines on a project of moderate scope or a combination of smaller projects. You’ll assist with project planning and estabilishing critical milestones and objectives. You’ll manage the project delivery and submittal of project deliverables and ensure your projects are completed on schedule and under budget. You’ll also aid in the review and execution of project agreements and initiate or assist in contract negotiations or preparation.
• You’ll have a hand in Marketing. You’ll help set and meet marketing objectives, aid in business development efforts, and actively participate in the proposal process.
• You’ll connect with people, both internally and externally. We believe it’s what sets us apart. You’ll solicit, develop and maintain client and sub-consultant relationships to help us deliver best-in-class customer service.
• You’ll enhance and protect our reputation. You’ll represent Primera at client meetings and ensure that Primera’s management systems and processes are followed and continually improved. You will act promptly to identify and manage risks and opportunities in achieving client satisfaction.
• You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: www.primeraeng.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.