Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You studied structural/civil engineering. You have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis. Master’s degree is preferred.
- You’re looking to build your experience working on bridge and roadway structure projects. You have between two to five years of experience in the transportation market, and you’re knowledgeable of relevant codes and standards (AASHTO, IDOT, ISTHA, AREMA). You also have design knowledge of key structural elements such as bridges superstructure and substructure, foundations, retailing walls and culverts.
- You are a multitasker with strong research and problem-solving skills and an enviable attention to detail.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD proficiency are a must.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with team members. You’re comfortable working independently or with others.
What You'll Do
- You’ll assist in the design process for bridge, culvert or retaining wall structures through applying standard practices and techniques of structural engineering for private and public projects. You’ll also help prepare structural plans, specifications, cost estimates, supporting documents, and permit applications.
- You’ll handle project coordination. You’ll connect and collaborate internally and externally with coworkers, vendors, and clients, and maintain project documentation such as calculations and project filing.
- You’ll learn and grow. You’ll build upon your structural career. You will work on exciting projects and perform assignments designed to continue to develop your professional knowledge and abilities. You’ll both assist and learn from more senior structural engineers, and you’ll exercise your good judgement in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.