Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil or transportation engineering, and at least 12 years of experience with 4 years of relevant experience in a supervisory capacity. You’re also a licensed professional engineer.
- You know the aviation industry standard practices, codes, and practices, and are familiar with permitting for projects.
- You’re skilled in microsoft office, AutoCAD and/or Microstation. Having knowledge in Civil 3D or Geopak is a plus.
- You’re a strong communicator with excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- You have great attention to detail, and are a problem-solver.
What You'll Do
- You’ll design and review specific project components which include design efforts related to airport and airfield design, grading, drainage, pavement, roadway design, stormwater management and detention, and utilities.
- You’ll oversee and review the work performed by others in the preparation of various project documents which can include reports, contract plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications.
- You’ll work on developing project scopes, budgets, and schedules, and manage projects to a high quality within the project scope, schedule, budget.
- You’ll prepare project invoices and progress reports per the client’s requirements.
- You’ll develop marketing materials and proposals including RFP’s, RFQ’s and SOQ’s.
- You’ll manage staff and subconsultants working on projects, & mentor and train other project staff members.
- You’ll meet with clients, regulators, and agencies to develop strong professional relationships.
- You’ll assist in the development of new business via client meetings and participation in promotional activities.
- You’ll work alongside the aviation group manager to market Primera services to existing and potentials clients.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $130,000 – $150,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.