Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 15 years of experience, with at least 4 years of relevant experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of aviation industry standard practices, codes, and practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or transportation engineering required.
- Professional engineering license required.
- Skilled in MS Office, AutoCAD and/or Microstation; knowledge in Civil 3D or Geopak a plus.
- Knowledge of permitting for projects.
- Strong research, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork, communication & leadership skills.
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and review specific project components which include design efforts related to airport and airfield design, grading, drainage, pavement, roadway design, stormwater management and detention, and utilities.
- Oversee and review the work performed by others in the preparation of various project documents which can include reports, contract plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications.
- Development of project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Manage projects to a high quality within the project scope, schedule, budget.
- Manage staff and subconsultants working on projects, & mentor and train other project staff members.
- Monitor team members adherence to Primera’s procedures and policies.
- Perform project specific assignments, as required.
- Meet with clients, regulators, and agencies to develop strong professional relationships.
- Work alongside the Group Manager to market Primera services to existing and potentials clients.
- Assist in the development of new business via client meetings and participation in promotional activities.
- Prepare project invoices and progress reports per the client’s requirements.
- Develop marketing materials and proposals including RFP’s, RFQ’s and SOQ’s.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.