Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You studied structural/civil engineering. You have a master’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis and your PE.
- You’re a bridge and roadway structures expert looking to build on your expertise. You have between 6-10 years of experience in the transportation market, and you’re knowledgeable of relevant codes and standards (AASHTO, IDOT, ISTHA, AREMA) and key structural elements such as bridges superstructure and substructure, retaining walls, beams, columns/piers, connection and foundation systems. Experience with bridge inspection, including completed NHI training, will give you an edge.
- You are a multitasker with strong research and problem-solving skills and an enviable attention to detail.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD proficiency are a must. Experience with GeoPak/Open Bridge Modeler and/or Civil 3D is a plus. Knowledge of structural calculation software tools like Midas, DCalc, ConSpan, STADD, LEAP, MDX, LPile, etc. will help you stand out.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with team members. You’re comfortable working independently or with others. Your strong leadership, organization, and communication skills will contribute to your success.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be an integral part of our structural team. As a technical expert, you’ll be responsible for designing bridge, culvert, and retaining wall structures as well as performing field investigations through the application of standard structural engineering practices and techniques for private and public projects. You’ll also assist in the preparation of structural plans, specifications, cost estimates, supporting documents, and permit applications.
- You’ll handle the overall project coordination. You’ll connect and collaborate internally and externally with coworkers, vendors, and clients, and maintain project documentation such as calculations and project filing.
- You’ll learn and grow. You’ll build upon an already impressive structural career. You will work on exciting projects and perform assignments designed to continue to develop your professional knowledge and abilities. You’ll both assist and learn from more senior structural engineers and mentor junior engineers, and you’ll exercise your good judgement in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $90,000 – $115,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.