Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You studied engineering. You have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction management, your EIT, and at least 3 years of experience working in a construction administration or document control support role in the AEC industry.
- You know transportation and are familiar with IDOT and have knowledge in the highway construction industry. A certificate for the IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities is required, and familiarity with eBuilder is a plus.
- You’re detail-oriented, meticulous, and have a knack for quality. You are thorough and have a high level of accuracy.
- You’re a multitasking-loving person. You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can manage multiple projects at once and pride yourself on meeting deadlines.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with employees and project teams. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business and engineering applications. Having proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must.
What You'll Do
- You’ll help to process all project documentation including, but not limited to, reviewing and checking Inspector’s Daily Reports, maintaining Quantity Books and ensuring proper documentation for material inspection.
- You’ll maintain logs to track the project status and provide updates relating to construction submittals, O&M Manuals, RFIs and other construction administration reports as needed.
- You’ll troubleshoot issues related to the documents being processed and project related issues.
- You’ll attend progress and quality control meetings.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.