Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of codes and standards (IDOT, Tollway, ACOE, FHWA, etc.).
- Design experience in completing hydrologic and hydraulic calculations for small and large watersheds, Phase I &II storm water design, storm sewer and detention modeling, grading, and erosion and sediment control plans.
- Skilled in MS Office.
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD skills required; knowledge of Geopak or Civil3D a plus.
- Knowledge with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-HMS, TR-20, HEC-RAS and XP-SWMM required.
- Working knowledge of agency permitting including City of Chicago, MWRD, DuPage County, IDNR-OWR, FEMA and USACE.
- Team skills, communication skills, and leadership skills.
- Experience completing INDOT SWQCP’s a plus.
- Working knowledge of GIS a plus.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience with emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- PE license preferred, with CFM and/or CPESC (highly preferred or able to obtain in the future).
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing IDOT location drainage studies and hydraulic reports for bridges and culverts.
- Designing of stormwater management facilities for site development projects and conducting floodplain studies.
- Designing BMPs and erosion control.
- Obtaining associated local, state and federal permitting for private and public projects.
- Assist in the preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, supporting documents, and permit applications, and perform field investigations.
- Responsible for overall project coordination (internal and external).
- Maintain project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- Interface with vendors and clients.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A hybrid-work environment. From fully-remote to in the office each day, we empower our people to develop a schedule that fits each individual lifestyle
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.