Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
Who You Are
- You have your bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering, and five years of experience with emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis. You’re also a licensed professional engineer with CFM and/or CPESC – highly preferred or able to obtain in the future.
- You’re familiar with agency permitting including City of Chicago, MWRD, DuPage County, IDNR-OWR, FEMA and USACE, and have knowledge of codes and standards (IDOT, Tollway, ACOE, FHWA, etc.).
- You have design experience in completing hydrologic and hydraulic calculations for small and large watersheds, Phase I & II storm water design, storm sewer and detention modeling, grading, and erosion and sediment control plans. Having knowledge with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-HMS, TR-20, HEC-RAS and XP-SWMM is required.
- You’re proficient in microsoft office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD. Having experience with Geopak, Civil3D, or GIS is a plus. If you’ve completed the INDOT SWQCP’s you’ll stand out!
- You’re a strong communicator, and have excellent team and leadership skills.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for overall project coordination (internal and external). You’ll be completing IDOT location drainage studies and hydraulic reports for bridges and culverts.
- You’ll design stormwater management facilities for site development projects and conducting floodplain studies, and BMPs and erosion control.
- You’ll obtain associated local, state and federal permitting for private and public projects.
- You’ll assist in the preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, supporting documents, and permit applications, and perform field investigations.
- You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, project filing, etc.
- You’ll interface with vendors and clients.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.