Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You have a B.S in the field of Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- You have a minimum 3 years of related experience.
- You have experience with the following systems:
- SQL Server 2014/2016, SQL Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Oracle 11g or 12c and Oracle SQL Developer.
- You have additional experience with the following systems will be an added bonus
- Enterprise asset management systems such as Infor EAM or IBM Maximo
- Business intelligence and reporting platforms such as PowerBI or SAP Business Objects
- Visual Studio solution deployment utilizing Team Explorer / Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- You have an aptitude to work on multiple assignments simultaneously including working under pressure to meet project and task deadlines.
- You have the ability to write complex queries for ad-hoc requests and data analysis, developing stored procedure, triggers, and functions across varied platforms with PL-SQL and T-SQL.
- You have an understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of medium sized projects.
- You have the ability to effectively troubleshoot system problems by identifying and implementing software or process changes that allow business applications to operate with minimal risk.
- You have problem-solving skills combined with analytical skills to analyze data, perform research, and diagnose and solve problems.
- You have the capability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams, including with analysts and subject matter experts.
- You have knowledge of software development and user interface web applications.
- You have the ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and problem-solving attitude.
- You have oral communication skills to effectively explain technical concepts.
- You have the ability to perform and develop ETL processes in the context of multiple integrations systems.
- You have experience with business process implementation in the design and implementation of systems and using database management systems and their integration.
- You have experience and ability to quickly learn new IT system
- You’re self-driven and motivated. You can work independently or within a team. You’re able to give and receive feedback.
What You'll Do
- You will design stable, reliable, and effective database objects and procedures based on customer requirements.
- You will translate technical database issues, requirements, limitations, and parameters for management and staff, and understand business work processes and business impact.
- You will modify database objects according to requests and perform tests.
- You will ensure data quality and integrity in database development techniques.
- You will liaise with system analysts and business owners to improve applications and establish best practices.
- You will prepare design specifications and functional documentation for assigned database projects.
- You will provide data management support to users.
- You will participate in all stages of the development life cycle, from concept planning to build, testing, delivery debugging, and documentation.
- You will work closely with stakeholders and other developers to dynamically link the backend databases to the web interfaces.
- You will write, debug, and unit test complex stored procedures and triggers.
- You will review, develop, and design data models using standard diagramming techniques, in conjunction with application development teams
- You will create logical data models and translate into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
You will gather user requirements and identify new features.
- You will develop technical and training manuals.
- You will respond to occasional requests for Production to resolve any database related customer issue.
- You will provide technical support for enterprise (on-premise) systems, middleware, and administration tools.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.