Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You’re a leader in the facilities engineering environment. Highly-motivated with at least ten years of engineering experience. You know your discipline like the back of your hand, including work processes/methods and software tools. You’ve managed a team responsible for the planning, design and construction of large and complex multi-discipline projects.
- Your qualifications and experience are impressive. You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and you’re a licensed professional engineer. A master’s degree will set you apart, as will a focus in MEP engineering. You possess a strong knowledge of industry codes, standards and best practices, as well as AEC loss prevention measures.
- You’re a people person. You have a positive attitude and enjoy developing relationships with staff and clients alike. You are a skillful presenter who can persuade and communicate effectively, particularly with technical concepts/issues and non-technical audiences. You’re a motivating leader and mentor, skilled at providing effective feedback and coaching that continuously develops your team.
- You’re a strategic thinker that takes continuous improvement seriously. You are analytical and decisive and have a proven ability to manage and develop growth strategies.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead our Electrical group. You’ll be a key influencer and will contribute to the strategic planning process within our Buildings division. You’ll execute Primera’s strategic goals and initiatives and will identify and implement improvement actions for division processes, tools and technology. You’ll work closely with your team to promote high satisfaction and retention rates. Essentially, you’ll play an important role in developing the facilities electrical group.
- You’ll be accountable for the division’s objectives. You’ll lead or participate in strategic, complex, multi-discipline projects. You’ll inspire your team’s conformance to quality management and project delivery policies, processes and procedures. You’ll be the person in charge of the group’s billability, productivity and project budget performance.
- You’ll connect with people within your team and across the firm to coordinate project activities. You’ll govern the group’s resource allocation and oversee project deliverables, while fostering both client and employee satisfaction. You’ll empower your team to improve performance, engagement and contributions to Primera’s goals and objectives.
- You’ll flex your business development chops. You’ll assist in the preparation and review of proposals and cost estimates. This will also include sharing your input in marketing activities. You’ll share our passion for our clients and step in to resolve client satisfaction issues. You’ll also work closely with our Electrical Engineering Director to identify priorities with regard to infrastructure improvements, industry participation, publications, and technical reviews/audits.
- You’ll share our passion for learning and growth. You’ll foster an environment of knowledge sharing and technical expertise. You’ll model our performance review process for direct reports and aid in building a strong, healthy and engaged team. You’ll help your team with short-and-long-term training plans, identify staffing needs, and assist with recruiting efforts.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.