Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You are a rising star in the fire protection engineering field. You have a bachelor’s degree in fire protection, mechanical, or architectural engineering and at least five years of fire protection design experience under your belt. Having your EI/EIT is a must. While preferred, a PE license is not required but will be necessary as part of your near-term professional development goals and growth.
- You know buildings. You have advanced knowledge of industry standards and building codes, as well as loss prevention practices.
- You are proficient with relevant business and engineering applications. You’re skilled in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Revit.
- You’re a highly motivated people person. You like to get things done. You can work independently or in a team. Your strong organizational skills will contribute to your success.
What You'll Do
- You’ll exercise your fire protection engineering skills. You’ll prepare drawings, detail sheets and schematics, fire protection calculations, and punch-lists under supervision. Likewise, you’ll complete equipment schedules, size piping, and size pumps. You’ll also assist with the review of shop drawings, RFI resolution, and preparation of opinion of probable cost for Division 21 equipment and systems.
- You’ll spend some time in the field. You’ll perform surveys and field observations of fire protection systems and equipment.
- You’ll maintain project documentation, including calculations, quality assurance documentation, etc.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and interface with clients with the goal of building lasting relationships.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Starting salary is between $75,000 – $110,000 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants based on relevant years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.