Who We Are
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
Working For Primera
Our Buildings division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver buildings and systems that perform better. We provide full-service engineering and design services for both new and existing facilities. Ever focused on providing a first-class client experience, our 30-plus-year history includes projects for school, university, healthcare, government, aviation, laboratory, campus, and municipal facilities.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s in electrical engineering or similar degree with 10+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- You have a Professional Engineer (PE) registration and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- You have significant project management experience of multi-discipline design engineering teams for improvements at large industrial, municipal or water/wastewater facilities.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident.
- You’re a creative thinker with effective teamwork skills.
What You'll Do
- You’ll manage one or more moderately complex design projects, involving coordination of multiple engineering disciplines, consultants and/or various agencies.
- You’ll manage all phases of projects (from beginning to close out).
- You’ll manage the schedule and budget of projects.
- You’ll coordinate and communicate project progress with clients.
- You’ll facilitate and resolve project issues and scope changes with design team and client.
- You’ll work mostly independently but receives basic instruction on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- You’ll receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- You’ll involve occasional field work at facilities related to design and construction projects.
- You’ll supervise other engineering and technical staff.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
Some of What You'll Enjoy
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.